The Diocese of Superior, WI was established in 1905. The Diocese of Superior consists of Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Lincoln, Oneida, Polk, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, St. Croix, Taylor, Vilas, and Washburn Counties in Wisconsin.
Of particular interest is a web article, "The Poles in the Diocese of Superior, Wis.", by Fr. Ladislaus J. Siekaniec, O.F.M.
The map plots the locations of Polish Roman Catholic Churches in the Diocese of Superior, WI. Given addresses were usually of the rectory and not the church building itself. Since some of these churches are now closed and/or have been razed, the map shows what is believed to have been the church location. The Polish Catholic churches were identified based primarily on The Polish-American Parish published in 1963 by the Orchard Lake Schools, Henry P. Mucha, editor.