The Archdiocese of Milwaukee, WI was established in 1875. It had been a diocese since 1843. The Archdiocese of Milwaukee consists of Dodge, Fond du Lac, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington, and Waukesha Counties in Wisconsin.
The map plots the locations of Polish Roman Catholic Churches in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, WI. Given addresses were usually of the rectory and not the church building itself. Since some of these churches are now closed and/or have been razed, the map shows what is believed to have been the church location. The Polish Catholic churches were identified based primarily on The Polish-American Parish published in 1963 by the Orchard Lake Schools, Henry P. Mucha, editor.