The Diocese of La Crosse, WI was established in 1868 and was subdivided a couple of times after that. The Diocese of La Crosse consists of Adams, Buffalo, Chippewa, Clark, Crawford, Dunn, Eau Claire, Jackson, Juneau, La Crosse, Marathon, Monroe, Pepin, Pierce, Portage, Richland, Trempealeau, Vernin, and Wood Counties in Wisconsin.
The map plots the locations of Polish Roman Catholic Churches in the Diocese of La Crosse, WI. Given addresses were usually of the rectory and not the church building itself. Since some of these churches are now closed and/or have been razed, the map shows what is believed to have been the church location. The Polish Catholic churches were identified based primarily on The Polish-American Parish published in 1963 by the Orchard Lake Schools, Henry P. Mucha, editor.